What is the ISO 9001:2015 quality standard and why is it important to us? Our job in achieving quality is never done. We use ISO to raise our standards. Here’s what we’re doing today.
Why ISO standards?
- To consistently meet our customers’ expectations
- To differentiate our company and win more business
- To improve our company performance by translating our increased efficiency to the bottom line
- To help us continually monitor and manage our level of quality
- To outline and benchmark achievements in performance and service consistent with the world’s most recognized Quality Management System (QMS)
How do our customers benefit from our continuous improvement within the ISO quality system?
- We will become a more competitive source for castings
- We will meet your quality needs continuously
- We will work more efficiently to save time, money, and resources,
- We will improve our operational performance by reducing errors and increasing profits
- We will motivate and engage our staff with proficient internal processes
- We will earn more high-value customers by providing superior customer service
- We will broaden our new business opportunities through our demonstrated compliance
How has Temperform continued to improve?
We continuously review and update our existing procedures. Here are specific ways we incorporated the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 by:
- Internal and external parties: We created a new document that encompasses all stakeholders and evaluated risks that affect the business.
- Documented information: We identified the inputs and outputs that impact the business, both internal and external, using turtle diagrams and process maps.
- Communication: We generated new procedures, documents, and management controls to address the communication elements for internal and external risks and impacts on the business.
- Performance evaluation: We updated and reviewed the current Potential Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) and Master Control Plan document and established new procedures to bridge any remaining gaps in system assessment effectiveness.
- Management review: The management review process now includes an evaluation of the inputs and outputs of the business’ performance.
- Leadership: The leadership change to the 2015 standard caused us to focus on defining a strategic direction to implement specific procedures and to focus on the main process. Internal and external strengths and weaknesses were evaluated along with any risks associated with them.
- Performance evaluation: ISO 9001:2015 requires organizations to incorporate the risk element of the business into their planning. We’re focused on driving continual updates to the PFMEA and are focused on minimizing potential non-conformities. This new concept helps us structure the corrective action process and makes it easier to “future-proof” the business with the lessons we’ve learned.
How have ISO 9001:2015 standards impacted our business results?
The full evaluation of existing procedures and processes to transition to the new ISO 9001:2015 standard has produced a better-integrated management system.
One major example of its impact is this: We identified a significant reduction in our internal and external scrap and returns, which in turn, created better sales and productivity throughout the organization.
Be sure to follow us on social media to see more results as our quality journey continues.